Here are some of my personal favorite examples (or examples I just found through the magic of the internet) of the genres we will be using throughout the digital learning process of this class:
- Vlogs: Vlogbrothers, Ash Hardell, MissFenderr, Laci Green, Tyler Oakley, Chescaleigh, AConMann, and Ze Frank.
- Podcasts: NPR Politics Podcast, Radiolab, Welcome to Night Vale, Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!, Gilmore Guys, Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, Dear Hank and John, Freakonomics Radio, Last Name Basis, NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour, Planet Money, Reply All, Serial, Sunday School Dropouts, The Hilarious World of Depression, and The Nerdist. (Sorry, I listen to too many podcasts. Also, I recently started my own podcast! Check it out here!)
- I wasn’t completely sure what “News Bits” are, but I assume that they’re, like, news briefings? I get the New York Times, the Skimm, the Wall Street Journal, the Economist, the Week, and TIME news briefings via email every morning!
- My favorite mashups come from Glee…
- I especially love this meme.
- I mostly follow the people whose podcasts I listen to on Twitter, but here are a few of my favorite Twitter accounts: Sam Sanders, Hank Green, Demi Adejuyigbe, Kevin T. Porter, Curiosity Rover, Michelle Wolf, Asma Khalid, Shaun King, Jamelle Bouie, Kumail Nanjiani, Raquel Cepeda, etc.
Whew. That’s a pretty long list, but I don’t have many good examples of websites, blogs, documentaries, or online communities, so I’m really looking forward to learning about more of those to explore from my classmates!